The eLearning Industry website has some interesting articles for anyone interested in inclusive learning ideas. “Designing eLearning that is accessible for people with disabilities isn’t easy. The key is to find ways in which basic principles of good web design, along with the principles of Universal Design, can improve access to and the experience of eLearning for all learners, regardless of ability.” In their free technical article they examine several important issues related instructional design and accessibility:
- Legal requirements for accessible web sites.
- Problems encountered by people with disabilities who use educational sites.
- Guidelines for accessible design from various government and private organizations.
- Assistive technologies that aid learners with disabilities.
- Developing accessible eLearning using the guiding principles of Universal Design for Learning.