The call for expressions of interest to join the brand new Centre for Universal Design Australia Ltd as a director closed on 12 September 2016. The EOI process brought forth a wealth of passion and talent from across Australia, and there were others that could not commit to the director role but wished to be kept in mind as a supporter and helper. The five successful candidates are:
- Dr Phillippa Carnemolla, Industrial Designer and researcher in home modifications
- Ms Joe Manton, Director, Institute of Access Training Australia
- Dr Lisa Stafford, Research Fellow at the University of Queensland
- Prof Philip Taylor, Director of Research, National Seniors Australia
- Ms Queenie Tran, Architectural Designer and Access Consultant
They join founding directors Sally Coddington, Director Curb Cut Effect and marketing consultant, Nicholas Loder, Architect, and myself.
You can show your support for the Centre by becoming a member for $25 annual fee. Go to the About Us page on this website to find out more. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter, and Jane Bringolf page on Linked In.
It is pleasing to see the number of new subscribers to this newsletter since the UD conference last month. Keep spreading the word – it will help us in our funding submissions!