The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) has an Easy Read guide to the Disability Strategy 2021-2031. However, you need good reading and web navigation skills to get to it. The information is spaced out over 44 pages in the PDF version.
The key objective of the strategy is about living a life you want to live. The goals are:
- Working and earning money
- Inclusive homes and communities – living where you want to live
- Rights for fair treatment and feeling safe
- Getting support as an individual and to be part of the community
- Being independent
- Learning and getting skills
- Access to health services and enjoying life
- More inclusive community attitudes
- Getting the outcomes we want by working together
The text only Easy Read Word document is on the Disability Gateway website.
The NDIS website has two other reports:
There are Easy Read versions of the reports and a videos with Auslan if you scroll down the each report page.